This return on investment is based on reductions in need for remedial and special education, lower drop-out rates, less involvement in the criminal justice system, higher enrollment in college, and higher lifetime earning potential.
Understanding of brain development research has implications for:
- Public policies that affect young children.
- The quality and delivery of early care and education programs.
- The support offered to parents and guardians of young children.
- Access to health care and preventative health care services.
- The availability of services to support social/emotional development.
Source: Early Childhood Council in Larimer County